Monday, October 15, 2012

Them Vidya Games, yo

Fucking. Default to Arial. Please. Thank you.

Now, with that out of the way, I can think more straight.

So... Deadly Dungeon Descent. It's a game, it's pretty great. Only thing is, it's not out yet. Only one person knows the release date, and I'm him. So, what's the release date? Well, I intend to keep that info tightly sealed. But if I had to ballpark it, I'd say December 2012 at the earliest. There's still a ton of tons of work to finish before it's ready, but I've gotten a fair amount done. Y'know, because I've been developing it. I hope to get it on Steam Greenlight before next year, though.

My most recent addition: Enemy traits. Each enemy is a bland 16x16 sprite that chases and melees you. The thing that differentiates each one, besides graphics, is that each one has a particular trait. For example, slimes will inflict a 1 turn cooldown on all your abilities with each hit. Skeletons aren't dead 'til you crush their crumbling bones, and wisps can pass through walls. You know, just little things that make you react differently to each enemy.

I see you scratching your head there. Maybe you just have dandruff, but it's probably because of the confusion I've inflicted on you. That's okay, you'll start piecing things together as I blog my blog. Good? Good.

Looking ahead, I have my friend to thank for an awesome idea that I really hope I can implement somehow. I'm not gonna say much, only that it involves the dead adventurers that you failed with. The ones you carelessly lead to death. They're lost, restless, and angry.

Well, that's enough info for now. Just wait, and soon enough I'll finally clear Mogu'shan Vaults. ...I mean update my blog with new info on Deadly Dungeon Descent.

No comments:

Post a Comment